Sunday, September 15, 2013

Let's Not Get Lost....


Over the last few months, lost amid new friends, classes, assignments, dance, and other countless activities and trying to figure out what am doing here at SIMC, i forgot something very important.

In the classroom, it is not unusual that i drift off to sleep or am floating in my own thoughts. A few days back, while floating, a realisation occured, a dream that was almost fulfilled a few months back.

I wanted to get into a institute with community service as the course, but of course couldn't make it. SIMC as the backup plan did work out, and i was & still am very delighted to be here. I believe i have made that quite clear in my previous posts.

While i remembered my inclination, a conversation with a friend about a person engaged in social work and a book i just finished, The Day I Stopped Drinking Milk by Sudha Murty (It describes her experiences while she went around the nation during her work with the Infosys Foundation), all these instances reminded me of my dream and the fact that i must not lose focus.

I wish i can stay the firm I am now and pursue my dream, and not get lost in other pursuits. I wish the same for you, lets not get lost in pursuit of newly found goals. Everyone must have had a dream when we were kids, however small or stupid that might have been. Let's keep the lamp burning while wind intends otherwise. Let's keep dreaming.



No comments:

Post a Comment